Historical Period: The 18th Century
James Wilson (1742-1798) signed the Declaration of Independence and was twice elected to the Continental Congress. He played a leading role in the drafting of the US Constitution and eventually became one of the six original justices appointed by George Washington to the United States Supreme Court.
Quotes from James Wilson:
- James Wilson on does man exists for the sake of government or vice-versa
- James Wilson argues that it is the people who is superior in matters of legal sovereignty
Titles from James Wilson:
- Author: Collected Works of James Wilson, 2 vols.
- Author: Collected Works of James Wilson, vol. 1
- Author: Collected Works of James Wilson, vol. 2
- Author: Pamphlets on the Constitution of the United States 1787-1788