Historical Period: The 18th Century
Kant was a German philosopher who taught for many years at the University of Koenigsberg. He made pivotal contributions to the study of ethics and epistemology and was a leading figure in the German Enlightenment.
See the Liberty Matters online discussion on Limited Government, Unlimited Liberalism. Or, How Benjamin Constant was a Kantian After All
For more information see the Biographical Essay.
Titles from Immanuel Kant:
- Author: BOLL 13: Immanuel Kant, “The Principles of Political Right” (1791)
- Author: The Critique of Judgement
- Author: Kant’s Critique of Practical Reason and Other Works on the Theory of Ethics
- Author: Critique of Pure Reason
- Author: Kant on Education (über Pädagogik)
- Author: The Metaphysics of Ethics
- Author: Perpetual Peace: A Philosophical Essay (1917 ed.)
- Author: The Philosophy of Law
- Author: Kant’s Principles of Politics, including his essay on Perpetual Peace
- Author: Kant’s Prolegomena and Metaphysical Foundations of Natural Science.