Henry Home, Lord Kames
Historical Period: The 18th Century
Henry Home, Lord Kames, one of the leaders of the Scottish Enlightenment, was a judge in the supreme courts of Scotland and wrote extensively on morals, religion, education, aesthetics, history, political economy, and law, including natural law. His most distinctive contribution came through his works on the nature of law, where he sought to combine a philosophical approach with an empirical history of legal evolution.
Quotes from Henry Home, Lord Kames:
- Henry Home, Lord Kames and his thoughts on monopolies
Titles from Henry Home, Lord Kames:
- Author: Elements of Criticism, 2 vols.
- Author: Essays on the Principles of Morality and Natural Religion
- Author: Principles of Equity
- Author: Sketches of the History of Man, 3 vols.