Historical Period: The Early Modern Period
Richard Overton (1631-1664) was an actor, playwright, and Leveller pamphleteer during the English Revolution. He had his own secret printing press and wrote many articles for the Leveller journal The Moderate. His most important works include Mans Mortalitie (1644), An Arrow against all Tyrants (1646), and A Defiance against all Arbitrary Usurpations (1646).
Quotes from Richard Overton:
- Richard Overton shoots An Arrow against all Tyrants from the prison of Newgate into the prerogative bowels of the arbitrary House of Lords and all other usurpers and tyrants whatsoever
Titles from Richard Overton:
- Author: An Arrow against all Tyrants
- Author: BOLL 32: Richard Overton, “An Arrow against all Tryants and Tyrany” (October, 1646)
- Author: Puritanism and Liberty, being the Army Debates (1647-9)
- Author: Tracts on Liberty by the Levellers and their Critics Vol. 2 (1644-1645)
- Author: Tracts on Liberty by the Levellers and their Critics Vol. 3 (1646).
- Author: Tracts on Liberty by the Levellers and their Critics Vol. 4 (1647)