The Works of John Adams, vol. 5 (Defence of the Constitutions Vols. II and III)
A 10 volume collection of Adams’ most important writings, letters, and state papers, edited by his grandson. Vol. 5 contains volumes 2 and 3 of Defence of the Constitutions of the US.
The Works of John Adams, Second President of the United States: with a Life of the Author, Notes and Illustrations, by his Grandson Charles Francis Adams (Boston: Little, Brown and Co., 1856). 10 volumes. Vol. 5.
The text is in the public domain.
|EBook PDF||This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.||458 Bytes|
|EBook PDF||This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.||1.57 MB|
|ePub||ePub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format||692 KB|
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||27.8 MB|
|Facsimile PDF small||This is a compressed facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||8.14 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||1.35 MB|
|MARC Record||MAchine-Readable Cataloging record.||1.69 KB|
Table of Contents
- CONTENTS OF VOLUME V.
- WORKS ON GOVERNMENT.
- A DEFENCE OF THE CONSTITUTIONS OF GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Volume II
- CHAPTER FIRST.: ITALIAN REPUBLICS OF THE MIDDLE AGE. FLORENCE.
- CHAPTER SECOND.: FLORENCE.
- CHAPTER THIRD.: FLORENCE.
- CHAPTER FOURTH.: MACHIAVEL’S PLAN OF A PERFECT COMMONWEALTH.
- CHAPTER FIFTH.: SIENA.
- CHAPTER SIXTH.: BOLOGNA.
- A DEFENCE OF THE CONSTITUTIONS OF GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Volume III
- CHAPTER SEVENTH.: ITALIAN REPUBLICS. PISTOIA.
- CHAPTER EIGHTH.: CREMONA.
- CHAPTER NINTH.: PADUA.
- CHAPTER TENTH.: MANTUA—MONTEPULCIANO.
- TO THE ABBÉ DE MABLY.