Essays: Scientific, Political and Speculative, Vol. 1
Volume 1 of a three volume collection of Spencer’s essays which cover political philosophy, sociology, science, and current affairs.
Essays: Scientific, Political, and Speculative. Library Edition, containing Seven Essays not before republished, and various other Additions (London: Williams and Norgate, 1891). Vol. 1
The text is in the public domain.
- Author: Herbert Spencer
- Essays: Scientific, Political and Speculative, 3 vols. (1891) (Herbert Spencer)
|EBook PDF||This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.||1.06 MB|
|ePub||ePub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format||437 KB|
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||25.7 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||1.07 MB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||600 KB|
Table of Contents
- CONTENTS OF VOL. I.
- the development hypothesis.
- progress: its law and cause.
- transcendental physiology.
- the nebular hypothesis.
- the constitution of the sun.
- illogical geology.
- bain on the emotions and the will.
- the social organism.
- the origin of animal worship.
- morals and moral sentiments.
- the comparative psychology of man.
- mr. martineau on evolution.
- the factors of organic evolution.
- a counter-criticism.