Travels in the North of Germany, vol. 2
Vol. II of a two volume work in which Hodgskin describes in great detail the economic, political, legal, and social conditions he observed in his travels across northern Germany.
Travels in the North of Germany, describing the Present State of the Social and Political Institutions, the Agriculture, Manufactures, Commerce, Education, Arts and Manners in that Country, particularly in the Kingdom of Hannover (Edinburgh: Archibald Constable, 1820). Vol. 2
The text is in the public domain.
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||15.4 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||877 KB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||516 KB|
|MARC Record||MAchine-Readable Cataloging record.||1.55 KB|
Table of Contents
- CONTENTS OF VOLUME II.
- TRAVELS IN GERMANY.
- CHAPTER I.: courts for the administration of justice.
- CHAPTER II.: hannover—civil laws and processes.
- CHAPTER III.: criminal laws—processes and punishments.
- CHAPTER IV.: hannover.—appropriation of landed property.
- CHAPTER V.: hannover—agriculture.
- CHAPTER VI.: hannover.—manufactories.
- CHAPTER VII.: hannover.—commerce.
- CHAPTER VIII.: hannover—schools.
- CHAPTER IX.: university of gÖttingen.
- CHAPTER X.: on the german language.
- CHAPTER XI.: literature.
- CHAPTER XII.: influence of the situation of the germans on their literature.
- CHAPTER XIII.: private life and morals.
- CHAPTER XIV.: ALTERATION OF MORALS.
- CHAPTER XV.: cassel and frankfort.
- No. I.
- No. II. Persons composing the States of Hannover.
- Representatives of the Provinces of Grubenhagen and Kalenberg.
- Representatives of the Province of Lüneburg.
- Representatives of the Provinces of Bremen and Verden.
- Representatives of the Provinces of Hoya and Diepholz.
- Representatives of the Province of Osnabrück.
- Representatives of the Province of Hildesheim.
- Representatives of the Province of Friesland.
- Representatives of other Places.
- No. III.
- translation. Regulations for the Meeting of the General States at Hannover, the 15th December 1814.
- First section.—Of the Deputies to the General Assembly.
- Section second.—Of the President, General Syndicus, and General Secretary.
- Third section.—Of the Sittings and Meetings of the General Assembly of the States.
- Fourth section.—Manner of treating the Subjects brought under Deliberation.
- Fifth section.—The Adjournment and Prorogation of the Sittings of the General States.
- Sixth section.—Indemnification of the Expences of the Deputies.
- No. IV. List of the Public Lectures given in one year at Göttingen, for the half year beginning in April 1818.
- General Knowledge.
- Healing art.
- Mathematical Sciences.
- Natural Sciences.
- Historical Sciences.
- Fine Arts.
- Eastern and other Languages.
- No. V. Measures, Weights, and Monies, mentioned in this Work.
- Prices in Cassen Money.
- Wages in 1818.