The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, vol. 12
The twelth and final volume of a 12 volume set of Gibbon’s magesterial history of the end of the Roman Empire, one of the greatest works of history written during the Enlightenment.
The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, ed. J.B. Bury with an Introduction by W.E.H. Lecky (New York: Fred de Fau and Co., 1906), in 12 vols. Vol. 12.
The text is in the public domain.
- The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, 12 vols. (William Edward Hartpole Lecky)
Quoted 1 time:
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||18.8 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||704 KB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||638 KB|
Table of Contents
- THE WORKS OF EDWARD GIBBON
- CONTENTS OF THE TWELFTH VOLUME
- LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS
- THE HISTORY OF THE DECLINE AND FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE
- CHAPTER LXVIII
- CHAPTER LXIX
- CHAPTER LXX
- CHAPTER LXXI
- APPENDIX ADDITIONAL NOTES BY THE EDITOR
- SOURCES FOR THE SIEGE OF CONSTANTINOPLE, ad 1453 — (CHAP. LXVIII)