The Works of Voltaire, Vol. XXI (A Biographical Critique of Voltaire by John Morely)
Vol. 21 of Voltaire’s collected works contains a biography of Voltaire by the British classical liberal John Morley.
The Works of Voltaire. A Contemporary Version. A Critique and Biography by John Morley, notes by Tobias Smollett, trans. William F. Fleming (New York: E.R. DuMont, 1901). In 21 vols. Vol. XXI.
The text is in the public domain.
- The Works of Voltaire. A Contemporary Version, in 21 vols. (William F. Fleming)
|EBook PDF||This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.||985 KB|
|ePub||ePub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format||564 KB|
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||27.4 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||579 KB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||610 KB|
Table of Contents
- LIST OF PLATES
- CHAPTER I.: THE IDEAL MAN FOR THE TIME.
- CHAPTER II.: ENGLISH STUDIES AND INFLUENCES.
- CHAPTER III.: TEMPERAMENT, LIFE, AND LITERARY GENIUS.
- CHAPTER IV.: WITH FREDERICK THE GREAT.
- CHAPTER V.: WAR AGAINST INTOLERANCE.
- CHAPTER VI.: METHODS AND MERITS AS HISTORIAN.
- CHAPTER VII.: THE PHILANTHROPIST OF FERNEY.