Political Institutions, being Part V of the Principles of Sociology
This is part of Spencer’s most extensive treatment of sociology, The Principles of Sociology. It is the section dealing with the nature of political institutions such as political heads like chiefs and kings, consultative bodies, the military, and the judiciary. It also contains his most important discussion of the difference between the militant and the industrial types of societies.
Political Institutions, being Part V of the Principles of Sociology (The Concluding Portion of Vol. II) (London: Williams and Norgate, 1882).
The text is in the public domain.
|EBook PDF||This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.||1.03 MB|
|ePub||ePub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format||417 KB|
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||20.4 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||1.06 MB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||583 KB|
Table of Contents
- PREFACE TO PART V.
- PART V.: POLITICAL INSTITUTIONS.
- CHAPTER I.: preliminary.
- CHAPTER II.: political organization in general.
- CHAPTER III.: political integration.
- CHAPTER IV.: political differentiation.
- CHAPTER V.: political forms and forces.
- CHAPTER VI.: political heads—chiefs, kings, etc.
- CHAPTER VII.: compound political heads.
- CHAPTER VIII.: consultative bodies.
- CHAPTER IX.: representative bodies.
- CHAPTER X.: ministries.
- CHAPTER XI.: local governing agencies.
- CHAPTER XII.: military systems.
- CHAPTER XIII.: judicial and executive systems.
- CHAPTER XIV.: laws.
- CHAPTER XV.: property.
- CHAPTER XVI.: revenue.
- CHAPTER XVII.: the militant type of society.
- CHAPTER XVIII.: the militant type of society.
- CHAPTER XIX.: political retrospect and prospect.
- TITLES OF WORKS REFERRED TO.