History of the Rise and Influence of the Spirit of Rationalism in Europe, vol. 2
Lecky discusses the decline in the belief of magic and miracles, the rise of religious persecution, the gradual secularisation of politics, and the rise of toleration and rationalism.
History of the Rise and Influence of the Spirit of Rationalism in Europe, vol. 2, Revised edition (New York: D. Appleton, 1919).
The text is in the public domain.
- Author: William Edward Hartpole Lecky
- History of the Rise and Influence of the Spirit of Rationalism in Europe, 2 vols. (William Edward Hartpole Lecky)
|EBook PDF||This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.||991 KB|
|ePub||ePub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format||409 KB|
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||19.5 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||1.07 MB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||586 KB|
Table of Contents
- CONTENTS of THE SECOND VOLUME.
- RATIONALISM IN EUROPE.
- CHAPTER IV. (continued).: ON PERSECUTION.
- Part II.: THE HISTORY OF PERSECUTION.
- CHAPTER V.: THE SECULARISATION OF POLITICS.
- CHAPTER VI.: THE INDUSTRIAL HISTORY OF RATIONALISM.