The Debates in the Several State Conventions vol. 2
Vol. 2 of an influential early 19th century edition of key documents about the ratification of the US Constitution by the states.
The debates in the several state conventions on the adoption of the federal Constitution, as recommended by the general convention at Philadelphia, in 1787. Together with the Journal of the federal convention, Luther Martin’s letter, Yates’s minutes, Congressional opinions, Virginia and Kentucky resolutions of ‘98-‘99, and other illustrations of the Constitution … 2d ed., with considerable additions. Collected and rev. from contemporary publications, by Jonathan Elliot. Pub. under the sanction of Congress. (1836), 5 vols.
The text is in the public domain.
- Editor: Jonathan Elliot
- The Debates in the Several State Conventions 5 vols (Jonathan Elliot)
|EBook PDF||This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.||1.09 MB|
|ePub||ePub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format||539 KB|
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||33.9 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||1.49 MB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||796 KB|
|MARC Record||MAchine-Readable Cataloging record.||1.98 KB|
Table of Contents
- INDEX. BY SPEAKERS’ NAMES.
- DEBATES IN THE CONVENTION OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, ON THE ADOPTION OF THE FEDERAL CONSTITUTION.
- COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS. In Convention of the Delegates of the People of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1788.
- FRAGMENT OF THE DEBATES IN THE CONVENTION OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT, ON THE ADOPTION OF THE FEDERAL CONSTITUTION.
- NEW HAMPSHIRE CONVENTION.
- THE DEBATES IN THE CONVENTION OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, ON THE ADOPTION OF THE FEDERAL CONSTITUTION.
- THE CIRCULAR LETTER, from the Convention of the State of New York to the governors of the several states in the Union.
- THE DEBATES IN THE CONVENTION OF THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA, ON THE ADOPTION OF THE FEDERAL CONSTITUTION.
- PROCEEDINGS OF THE MEETING AT HARRISBURG, IN PENNSYLVANIA.
- A FRAGMENT OF FACTS, DISCLOSING THE CONDUCT OF THE MARYLAND CONVENTION, ON THE ADOPTION OF THE FEDERAL CONSTITUTION.
- ADDRESS TO THE PEOPLE OF MARYLAND.