The Political Writings of Richard Cobden, vol. 1
Vol. 1 of a two volume collection of the political writings of Richard Cobden which focuses on foreign policy, and war and peace. Vol. 1 contains “England, Ireland, and America” (1835), “Russia” (1836), and “1793 and 1853 in Three Letters” (1853), only the first two letters are in this volume. The thid letter is in vol. 2.
The Political Writings of Richard Cobden, with a Preface by Lord Welby, Introductions by Sir Louis Mallet, C.B., and William Cullen Bryant, Notes by F.W. Chesson and a Bibliography, vol. 1, (London: T. Fisher Unwin, 1903).
The text is in the public domain.
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||19.8 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||989 KB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||875 KB|
Table of Contents
- CONTENTS OF VOL. I
- INTRODUCTION TO THE SECOND EDITION By Sir Louis Mallet, C.B.
- INTRODUCTION TO THE AMERICAN EDITION. By William Cullen Bryant.
- ENGLAND, IRELAND, AND AMERICA. 1835.
- NOTE TO “ENGLAND, IRELAND, AND AMERICA.”
- Part I.: england.
- Part II.: ireland.
- Part III: america.
- RUSSIA. 1836.
- CHAPTER I: russia, turkey, and england.
- CHAPTER II: poland, russia, and england.
- CHAPTER III: the balance of power
- CHAPTER IV: protection of commerce
- AUTHOR'S NOTE
- 1793 and 1853, in three letters.
- LETTER I.
- LETTER II.