Select Works of Edmund Burke, vol. 2
Burke’s classic criticism of the French Revolution. It provoked many replies and Burke returned to the issue again and again.
Select Works of Edmund Burke. A New Imprint of the Payne Edition. Foreword and Biographical Note by Francis Canavan (Indianapolis: Liberty Fund, 1999). Vol. 2.
The copyright to this edition, in both print and electronic forms, is held by Liberty Fund, Inc.
Table of Contents
- Editor’s Foreword
- the radical democratic ideology
- burke’s reaction to the french revolution
- burke’s constitutional theory
- the principle of inheritance
- the true rights of man
- the goals of civil society
- the right to govern
- burke’s view of democracy
- authority and the order of creation
- the moral order of creation
- the social contract
- when revolution is justified
- basic premises of burke’s thought
- Editor’s Note
- Reflections on the Revolution in France