Selected Speeches of the Rt. Hon. John Bright M.P. On Public Questions
A collection of Bright’s speeches on colonial policy in India and Ireland, the Civil War in America, the war against Russia, and free trade and peace.
Selected Speeches of the Rt. Hon. John Bright M.P. On Public Questions, introduction by Joseph Sturge (London: J.M. Dent and Co., 1907).
The text is in the public domain.
|EBook PDF||This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.||661 KB|
|ePub||ePub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format||282 KB|
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||13.5 MB|
|Facsimile PDF small||This is a compressed facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||4.06 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||637 KB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||359 KB|
Table of Contents
- I: INDIA—I
- II: INDIA—II
- III: INDIA—III.: IRRIGATION
- IV: INDIA—IV.: PERVERSION OF AFFGHAN DESPATCHES
- V: AMERICA—I.: THE “TRENT” AFFAIR
- Rochdale, December 4, 1861.
- VI: AMERICA—II.: THE WAR AND THE SUPPLY OF COTTON
- VII: AMERICA—III.: THE STRUGGLE IN AMERICA
- VIII: IRELAND
- IX: GENERAL POLITICS
- X: RUSSIAN WAR—I.: THE QUEEN’S MESSAGE
- XI: RUSSIAN WAR—II
- XII: RUSSIAN WAR—III.: NEGOTIATIONS AT VIENNA
- XIII: DANGER OF WAR WITH RUSSIA
- XIV: THE LAND QUESTION—I
- XV: THE LAND QUESTION—II
- XVI: FOREIGN POLICY
- XVII: PEACE
- XVIII: FREE TRADE
- XIX: PROGRESS OF THE NATION