The Works of Benjamin Franklin, Vol. I Autobiography, Letters and Misc. Writings 1725-1734
Volume 1 of a 12 volume collection of the works of Franklin edited by the New York lawyer and politician John Bigelow. The bulk of vol. 1 contains the Autobiography and a number of essays and letters written between 1724 and 1734.
The Works of Benjamin Franklin, including the Private as well as the Official and Scientific Correspondence, together with the Unmutilated and Correct Version of the Autobiography, compiled and edited by John Bigelow (New York: G.P. Putnam’s Sons, 1904). The Federal Edition in 12 volumes. Vol. I (Autobiography, Letters and Misc. Writings 1725-1734).
The text is in the public domain.
|EBook PDF||This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.||1010 KB|
|ePub||ePub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format||681 KB|
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||32.7 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||912 KB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||601 KB|
Table of Contents
- CONTENTS OF VOL. I
- THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY
- I: SKELETON SKETCH OF THE TOPICS FOR THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY
- 1706-1730 II
- Journal1 of Occurrences in my Voyage to Philadelphia on board the Berkshire, Henry Clark, Master, from London.
- LETTER FROM MR. ABEL JAMES, WITH NOTES OF MY LIFE (RECEIVED IN PARIS).
- LETTER FROM MR. BENJAMIN VAUGHAN.
- CONTINUATION OF THE ACCOUNT OF MY LIFE, BEGUN AT PASSY, NEAR PARIS, 1784
- CORRESPONDENCE AND MISCELLANEOUS WRITINGS
- TO SIR HANS SLOANE1
- TO MISS JANE FRANKLIN1
- V: ARTICLES OF BELIEF AND ACTS OF RELIGION
- VI: MISCELLANEOUS OBSERVATIONS
- VII: RULES FOR A CLUB ESTABLISHED FOR MUTUAL IMPROVEMENT1
- THE BUSY-BODY—NO. I1
- IX: A MODEST INQUIRY INTO THE NATURE AND NECESSITY OF A PAPER CURRENCY1
- X: DIALOGUE CONCERNING VIRTUE AND PLEASURE2
- XI: PUBLIC MEN1
- TO MRS. JANE MECOM1
- LETTER FROM CELIA SINGLE1
- LETTER FROM ANTHONY AFTERWIT1
- XV: SELF-DENIAL NOT THE ESSENCE OF VIRTUE1