Arthur Young: A Bibliography
BIBLIOGRAPHY by Matilda Betham-Edwards
A Six Weeks' Tour through the Southern Counties of England and Wales. London, 1768. 8vo. Second edition, enlarged, 1769. 8vo. Third edition, 1772. 8vo.
A Six Months' Tour through the North of England, containing an account of the present state of Agriculture, Manufactures, and Population in several counties of this kingdom. London, 1771. 8vo. 4 vols. Plates.
The Farmer's Tour through the East of England; being a Register of a Journey through various counties, to inquire into the state of Agriculture, Manufactures, and Population. London, 1770 71. 8vo. 4 vols.
Tour in Ireland; with general observations on the present state of that kingdom in 1776-7-8. Dublin, 1780. 8vo. 2 vols. London, 1780. 8vo. 2 vols.
Travels during the years 1787, 1788, 1789, and 1790, undertaken more particularly with a view of ascertaining the Cultivation, Wealth, Resources, and National Prosperity of the Kingdom of France. Bury St. Edmunds, 1794. 4to. 2 vols. Vol. I. is a second edition, the first edition having been published in 1792. Reprinted, Dublin, 1798. 8vo. 2 vols.
The Farmer's Letters to the People of England; containing the sentiments of a practical Husbandman on the present condition of Husbandry, &c. London, 1768, 1771. 8vo. 2 vols.
The Farmer's Guide in Hiring and Stocking Farms. London, 1770. 8vo. 2 vols. With plans.
Rural Economy, or Essays on the Practical Part of Husbandry. London, 1770. 8vo.
A Course of Experimental Agriculture. London, 1770. 4to. 2 vols.
Political Arithmetic, or Observations on the present state of Great Britain, and the principles of her policy in the Encouragement of Agriculture. London, 1774.
The Farmer's Kalendar. London, 1800. 8vo. 1808. 8vo. 25th edition. Edited and extended by J. C. Morton. London, Routledge, 1862, bds., 10s. 6d.
Essays on Manures. London, 1804. 8vo.
Advantages which have resulted from the Board of Agriculture. London, 1809. 8vo.
Inquiry into the progressive value of money, as marked by the price of Agricultural Products. London, 1812.
Agricultural Surveys. Published by the Board of Agriculture.
Essex. 2 vols. 1807. 8vo.
Hertfordshire. 1804. 8vo.
Lincolnshire. 1798. 8vo.
Norfolk. 1804. 8vo.
Oxfordshire. 1809 or 1813. 8vo.
Suffolk. 1794. 4to. 1798, 1804. 8vo.
Sussex. 1703, 1808. 4to.
Baxteriana; a selection from the works of Richard Baxter. 1815.
Oweniana. Select Passages from the Writings of John Owen, D.D. 1817.
Tracts and Pamphlets (in British Museum) as follows:—
On the Husbandry of three celebrated Farmers, Bakewell, Arbuthnot, and Duckett. 1811.
The Expediency of a Free Exportation of Corn at this time. 1770.
An Idea of the Present State of France. 1798.
Letter concerning the Present State of France. 1769.
Observations on the Waste Lands of Great Britain. 1773.
Proposals to the Legislature for numbering the People. 1771.
The question of Wool truly stated. 1788.
On the Size of Farms (contributed to Hunter's "Georgical Essays"). 1803.
On Summer Fallowing, in Hunter's "Georgical Essays." 1803.
Letters on Agriculture to General Washington. 1813.
An Address. 1793.
The Constitution safe without Reform. 1795.
An Inquiry into the state of the public mind among the Lower Classes. 1798.
An Essay on the management of Hogs. 1769.
The Example of France. 1793. (Numerous editions.)
Peace and Reform. 1799.
An Inquiry into the propriety of applying Wastes to the better maintenance of the Poor. 1801.
"The Annals of Agriculture" contain many contributions of Arthur Young not reprinted elsewhere.
- 18thC Middle Class Radicalism: A Bibliographical Essay by Isaac Kramnick
- Alexis de Tocqueville: A Bibliographical Essay by John Lukacs
- American Anti-Interventionist Tradition: A Bibliographical Essay by Justus Doenecke
- American Early Republic: Bibliography of Primary Sources
- American Revolution as a People’s War: A Bibliographical Essay by William Marina
- American Revolution: A Bibliographical Essay by Murray N. Rothbard
- Arthur Young: A Bibliography
- Bach’s Christmas Oratorio
- Bastiat: An Annotated Bibliography by Sheldon Richman
- Benjamin Tucker and Liberty: A Bibliographical Essay by Wendy McElroy
- Buchanan: A Bibliography of His Writings
- Chaucer: A List of His Works
- Chinese Classic Poetry: The Shih King
- Coke: Selected Readings on Sir Edward Coke
- Destutt de Tracy (1754-1836): An Annotated Bibliography by David Hart
- Economics and Ideology: Aspects of the Post-Ricardian Literature by S. Hollander
- Edmund Burke: A Select Bibliography
- Ethics in the 20th Century: A Bibliographical Essay by John Hospers
- Founding Father’s Library
- Founding Father’s Library: A Bibliographical Essay by Forrest McDonald
- Frank A. Fetter: A Bibliography
- Frank Chodorov: A Selected Bibliography
- Frank H. Knight: An Annotated Bibliography by Ross Emmett
- Friedrich Hayek: A Bibliography of his Writings
- Gustave de Molinari (1819-1912): An Annotated Bibliography by David Hart
- Hayek and Classical Liberalism: A Bibliographical Essay by John Gray
- Hugo Grotius and the Free Seas: A Bibliography
- Huss and the Church
- Idea of Progress: A Bibliographical Essay by Robert Nisbet
- International Trade: A Bibliography
- Jefferson-Hamilton Debate - Session 1
- Jefferson-Hamilton Debate - Session 2
- Jefferson-Hamilton Debate - Session 3
- Jefferson-Hamilton Debate - Session 4
- Jefferson-Hamilton Debate - Session 5
- Jefferson-Hamilton Debate - Session 6
- Jevons: The Writings of William Stanley Jevons
- Johannes Althusius: A Bibliography
- John Jay (1745-1829)
- Kantian Natural Law: A Bibliography
- Lachmann : A Bibliography
- Laissez Faire in Nineteenth-Century Britain: A Bibligraphical Essay by Ellen F. Paul
- Legal History: A Selected Bibliography
- Libertarian Political Philosophy: A Bibliographical Essay by David Gordon
- Locke and Religious Toleration
- Locke on Property: A Bibliographical Essay by Karen Vaughn
- Manifesto of the Communist Party (1888)
- Marxism: A Reading List by H.B. Acton
- Mercy Otis Warren: A Bibliography
- Monetary Reform: A Bibliographical Essay by Pamela J. Brown
- Natural Law: A Bibliographical Essay by Henry Veatch
- Natural Law: A Select Bibliography
- Petrarch: A Bibliography
- Property Rights and Natural Resource Management: A Bibliographical Essay by Stroup and Baden
- Pufendorf and the German Empire: A Bibliography
- Radical Individualism in America: A Bibliographical Essay by Eric Foner
- Ramsay, David: A Bibliography
- Reader’s Forum on Norman Barry’s “The Tradition of Spontaneous Order”
- Richard Cobden: A Bibliography
- Roscoe Pound’s Bibliography on Law
- Say (1767-1832): An Annotated Bibliography by David Hart
- Separation of Powers: A Bibliography by Vile
- St. Francis of Assisi: Bibliography
- Taylor, John: A Bibliography
- The Anti-Federalists: A Bibliography
- The Tradition of Spontaneous Order: A Bibliographical Essay by Norman Barry
- Turgot (1727-1781): An Annotated Bibliography by David Hart
- Utopia and Liberty: A Bibliographical Essay by Kingsley Widmer
- William Graham Sumner: A Bibliography
- William James Ashley’s Bibliographical Appendix to John Stuart Mill’s Principles of Political Economy