The Political Writings of Richard Cobden, vol. 2
Vol. 2 of a two volume collection of the political writings of Richard Cobden which focuses on foreign policy, and war and peace. Vol. 2 contains the “Third Letter”, How Wars are Got up in India (1853), What Next - and Next? (1856), and The Three Panics (1862).
The Political Writings of Richard Cobden, with a Preface by Lord Welby, Introductions by Sir Louis Mallet, C.B., and William Cullen Bryant, Notes by F.W. Chesson and a Bibliography, vol. 2, (London: T. Fisher Unwin, 1903).
The text is in the public domain.
|EBook PDF||This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.||1.54 MB|
|ePub||ePub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format||916 KB|
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||23 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||1.24 MB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||1.09 MB|
Table of Contents
- CONTENTS OF VOL. II
- LETTER III.
- A LETTER TO HENRY ASHWORTH, ESQ.
- HOW WARS ARE GOT UP IN INDIA. the origin of THE BURMESE WAR.
- WHAT NEXT—AND NEXT?
- THE THREE PANICS: an historical episode.
- THE FIRST PANIC. 1847–1848.
- THE SECOND PANIC. 1851–1852–1853.
- THE THIRD PANIC. 1859–1860–1861.
- a bibliography of richard cobden, based on the british museum catalogue
- AUTHORS AND AUTHORITIES REFERRED TO.