The Works of William Robertson. Vol. 8. The History of America, books 9-10. An Historical Disquisition concerning Ancient India.
This is vol. 8 of an 8 volume edition of The Works of William Robertson (1840). It contains his major works of history: The History of Scotland (1759) in vols. 1 and 2; A View of the Progress of Society in Europe in vol 3; The History of the Reign of the Emperor Charles V (1769) in vols. 3-5; The History of America (1777), vols. 6-8; and An Historical Disquisition concerning Ancient India (1791) in vol. 8.
The Works of William Robertson, D.D. To which is Prefixed, An Account of the Life and Writings of the Author, by Dugald Stewart. In Eight volumes. (London: T. Cadell, 1840). Vol. 8. The History of America, books 9-10. An Historical Disquisition concerning Ancient India.
The text is in the public domain.
- Author: William Robertson
- The Works of William Robertson in Eight Volumes (1840) (William Robertson)
|ePub||ePub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format||389 KB|
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||10.6 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||1.03 MB|
Table of Contents
- BOOK IX.
- BOOK X.
- AN HISTORICAL DISQUISITION CONCERNING ANCIENT INDIA.
- SECTION I.: INTERCOURSE WITH INDIA, FROM THE EARLIEST TIMES UNTIL THE CONQUEST OF EGYPT BY THE ROMANS.
- SECTION II.: INTERCOURSE WITH INDIA, FROM THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE ROMAN DOMINION IN EGYPT, TO THE CONQUEST OF THAT KINGDOM BY THE MAHOMEDANS.
- SECTION III.: INTERCOURSE WITH INDIA, FROM THE CONQUEST OF EGYPT BY THE MAHOMEDANS, TO THE DISCOVERY OF THE PASSAGE BY THE CAPE OF GOOD HOPE, AND THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE PORTUGUESE DOMINION IN THE EAST.
- SECTION IV.: GENERAL OBSERVATIONS.
- NOTES AND ILLUSTRATIONS.