The Early Christian Attitude to War
Published shortly after the First World War, this book is an examination of Christian ethics regarding war and peace which begins with the teachings of Jesus and continues through the first 2 centuries of the Christian era.
The Early Christian Attitude to War: A Contribution to the History of Christian Ethics, with a Foreword by the Rev. W.E. Orchard, D.D. (London: Headly Bros, 1919).
The text is in the public domain.
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||11 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||884 KB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||834 KB|
Table of Contents
- to MY WIFE
- TABLE OF CONTENTS
- CHRONOLOGICAL TABLE
- LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS AND EXPLANATIONS
- The Early Christian Attitude to War
- PART I: THE TEACHING OF JESUS
- PART II: FORMS OF THE EARLY CHRISTIAN DISAPPROVAL OF WAR
- PART III: FORMS OF THE EARLY CHRISTIAN ACCEPTANCE OF WAR
- PART IV: SUMMARY AND CONCLUSION
- The Christian Revolution. a new series edited by NATHANIEL MICKLEM.
- EDITORIAL FOREWORD.
- The Christian Revolution Series.