Miscellaneous Writings, Vol.2
The second volume of a two volume collection of Macaulay’s essays. The first volume contains his essays from Knight’s Quarterly Magazine written during the mid-1820s. The second volume contains essays published in the Edinburgh Review in the 1830s and 1840s; in the Encyclopedia Britannica in the 1850s; and miscellaneous poems and inscriptions.
The Miscellaneous Writings of Lord Macaulay, vol. 2, (London: Longman, Green, Longman, and Roberts, 1860).
The text is in the public domain.
- Author: Thomas Babington, Lord Macaulay
- The Miscellaneous Writings of Lord Macaulay, in 2 vols. (Thomas Babington, Lord Macaulay)
|EBook PDF||This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.||915 KB|
|ePub||ePub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format||391 KB|
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||23.8 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||984 KB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||533 KB|
Table of Contents
- CONTENTS OF THE SECOND VOLUME.
- CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE EDINBURGH REVIEW.
- SADLER’S LAW OF POPULATION. (July 1830.)
- SADLER’S REFUTATION REFUTED. (January 1831.)
- MIRABEAU. (July 1832.)
- BARÈRE. (April 1844.)
- CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE ENCYCLOPÆDIA BRITANNICA.
- FRANCIS ATTERBURY. (December 1853.)
- JOHN BUNYAN. (May 1854.)
- OLIVER GOLDSMITH. (February 1856.)
- SAMUEL JOHNSON. (December 1856.)
- WILLIAM PITT. (January 1859.)
- MISCELLANEOUS POEMS, INSCRIPTIONS, ETC.
- EPITAPH ON HENRY MARTYN. (1812.)
- LINES TO THE MEMORY OF PITT. (1813.)
- A RADICAL WAR SONG. (1820.)
- THE BATTLE OF MONCONTOUR. (1824.)
- THE BATTLE OF NASEBY, BY OBADIAH BIND-THEIR-KINGS-IN-CHAINS-AND-THEIR-NOBLES-WITH-LINKS-OF-IRON, SERJEANT IN IRETON’S REGIMENT. (1824.)
- SERMON IN A CHURCHYARD. (1825.)
- TRANSLATION FROM A. V. ARNAULT Fables: Livre v., Fable 16. (1826.)
- DIES IRÆ. (1826.)
- THE MARRIAGE OF TIRZAH AND AHIRAD. (1827.) GENESIS VI. 3.
- THE COUNTRY CLERGYMAN’S TRIP TO CAMBRIDGE. An Election Ballad. (1827.)
- SONG. (1827.)
- POLITICAL GEORGICS. (March 1828.)
- THE DELIVERANCE OF VIENNA. Translated from Vincenzio da Filicaia.
- THE LAST BUCCANEER. (1839.)
- EPITAPH ON A JACOBITE. (1845.)
- LINES WRITTEN IN AUGUST, 1847.
- TRANSLATION FROM PLAUTUS. (1850.)
- PARAPHRASE OF A PASSAGE IN THE CHRONICLE OF THE MONK OF ST. GALL. (1856.)
- INSCRIPTION ON THE STATUE OF LORD WM. BENTINCK. AT CALCUTTA. (1835.)
- EPITAPH ON SIR BENJAMIN HEATH MALKIN. At Calcutta. 1837.
- EPITAPH ON LORD METCALFE. (1847.)