Critical and Historical Essays, Vol. 2
Essays by Macaulay in the Edinburgh Review published between 1832 and 1839 on Horace Walpole, the War of Spanish Succession, William Pitt, Sir James Mackintosh, Lord Bacon, and Gladstone.
Critical and Historical Essays contributed to the Edinburgh Review, 5th ed. in 3 vols. (London: Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1848). Vol. 2.
The text is in the public domain.
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||28.6 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||1.02 MB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||581 KB|
Table of Contents
- CONTENTS OF THE SECOND VOLUME.
- CRITICAL AND HISTORICAL ESSAYS CONTRIBUTED TO THE EDINBURGH REVIEW.
- BURLEIGH AND HIS TIMES. (April, 1832.)
- WAR OF THE SUCCESSION IN SPAIN. (January, 1833.)
- HORACE WALPOLE. (October, 1833.)
- WILLIAM PITT, EARL OF CHATHAM. (January, 1834.)
- SIR JAMES MACKINTOSH. (July, 1835.)
- LORD BACON. (July, 1837.)
- GLADSTONE ON CHURCH AND STATE. (April, 1839.)