History of European Morals from Augustus to Charlemagne, vol. 2
As Lecky stated, this work is an attempt to use the historical method to understand the merits of certain theological opinions from the beginning of the Roman Empire to the Middle Ages. Volume 2 has a lengthy chapter on the position of women.
History of European Morals from Augustus to Charlemagne, vol. 2 Third edition, revised (New York: D. Appleton, 1921).
The text is in the public domain.
- Author: William Edward Hartpole Lecky
- History of European Morals from Augustus to Charlemagne, 2 vols. (William Edward Hartpole Lecky)
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||23.8 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||1.22 MB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||647 KB|
Table of Contents
- W. E. H. LECKY'S WORKS
- CONTENTS OF THE SECOND VOLUME.
- HISTORY OF EUROPEAN MORALS.
- CHAPTER IV.: from constantine to charlemagne.
- CHAPTER V.: THE POSITION OF WOMEN.