Historical and Political Essays
A posthumously published collection of essays on historical topics and important political and literary figures which had appeared in magazines such as the North American review, the Edinburgh Review, the Pall Mall Gazette, and the Contemporary Review, or which were given as public speeches and addresses.
Historical and Political Essays (London: Longmans, Green, and Co., 1908).
The text is in the public domain.
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||12.8 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||623 KB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||359 KB|
|MARC Record||MAchine-Readable Cataloging record.||2.44 KB|
Table of Contents
- WORKS BY WILLIAM EDWARD HARTPOLE LECKY.
- HISTORICAL AND POLITICAL ESSAYS
- THOUGHTS ON HISTORY
- THE POLITICAL VALUE OF HISTORY
- THE EMPIRE: ITS VALUE AND ITS GROWTH
- IRELAND IN THE LIGHT OF HISTORY
- FORMATIVE INFLUENCES
- CARLYLE'S MESSAGE TO HIS AGE.
- ISRAEL AMONG THE NATIONS1
- MADAME DE STAL
- THE PRIVATE CORRESPONDENCE OF SIR ROBERT PEEL
- EDWARD HENRY, FIFTEENTH EARL OF DERBY
- HENRY REEVE, C.B., F.S.A., D.C.L.
- HENRY HART MILMAN, D.D., DEAN OF ST. PAUL'S.
- QUEEN VICTORIA AS A MORAL FORCE
- OLD-AGE PENSIONS