Statement of the Question of Parliamentary Reform
Grote wrote this defence of electoral reform, the extension of suffrage, and brief terms for parliament against an essay by James Mackintosh which appeared in the Edinburgh Review.
Statement of the Question of Parliamentary Reform; with a Reply to the Objections of The Edinburgh Review, no. LXI (London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821).
The text is in the public domain.
Table of Contents
- THE QUESTION OF PARLIAMENTARY REFORM.
- SECTION I.: General Principles of the Reformers.
- SECTION II.: Modes of Attack employed by the Enemies of Parliamentary Reform.
- 1.: Plan of a disinterested Ministry.
- 2.: Plan of a Check by means of Public Opinion.
- 3.: Plan for a Representation of Classes.
- 4.: Objections to a thorough Parliamentary Reform, considered.