The Works and Life of Walter Bagehot, vol. 4 (Political, Literary, & Literary Essays)
This volume contains essays on Pitt, Bolingbroke, Thackeray, and Cobden.
The Works and Life of Walter Bagehot, ed. Mrs. Russell Barrington. The Works in Nine Volumes. The Life in One Volume. (London: Longmans, Green, and Co., 1915). Vol. 4.
The text is in the public domain.
|EBook PDF||This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.||764 KB|
|ePub||ePub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format||367 KB|
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||15.7 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||887 KB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||486 KB|
Table of Contents
- CONTENTS OF VOLUME IV.
- The Works and Life of Walter Bagehot, Vol. IV
- WILLIAM PITT.1 (1861.)
- THE PRINCE CONSORT. (1861.)
- COUNT YOUR ENEMIES AND ECONOMISE YOUR EXPENDITURE. (1862.)
- LADY MARY WORTLEY MONTAGU.1 (1862.)
- “To Mr. Wortley Montagu.
- “TOWN ECLOGUES.
- THE IGNORANCE OF MAN.1 (1862.)
- MR. CLOUGH’S POEMS.1 (1862.)
- BOLINGBROKE AS A STATESMAN.1 (1863.)
- WHAT LORD LYNDHURST REALLY WAS. (1863.)
- SIR GEORGE CORNEWALL LEWIS.1 (1863.)
- Right Hon. Sir George C. Lewis to Earl Stanhope.
- The same to the same.
- THE TRIBUTE AT HEREFORD TO SIR G. C. LEWIS. (1864.)
- STERNE AND THACKERAY.1 (1864.)
- SACRED TO THE MEMORY OF MRS. ELIZABETH DRAPER, IN WHOM GENIUS AND BENEVOLENCE WERE UNITED. SHE DIED AUGUST 3, 1778, AGED 35.
- WORDSWORTH, TENNYSON, AND BROWNING OR PURE, ORNATE, AND GROTESQUE ART IN ENGLISH POETRY.1 (1864.)
- CÆSARISM AS IT EXISTED IN 1865.
- MR. COBDEN. (1865.)
- LORD PALMERSTON. (1865.)
- BOSCASTLE.1 (1866.)