The Works and Life of Walter Bagehot, vol. 3 (Historical & Literary Essays)
This volume contains essays on Scott, Dickens, Milton and two on parliamentary reform and the American Constitution.
The Works and Life of Walter Bagehot, ed. Mrs. Russell Barrington. The Works in Nine Volumes. The Life in One Volume. (London: Longmans, Green, and Co., 1915). Vol. 3.
The text is in the public domain.
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||18.2 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||995 KB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||552 KB|
Table of Contents
- CONTENTS OF VOLUME III.
- The Works and Life of Walter Bagehot, Volume III
- BéRANGER.1 (1857.)
- THE WAVERLEY NOVELS.1 (1858.)
- CHARLES DICKENS.1 (1858.)
- PARLIAMENTARY REFORM.1 (1859.)
- JOHN MILTON.1 (1859.)
- THE HISTORY OF THE UNREFORMED PARLIAMENT, AND ITS LESSONS.1 (1860.)
- MR. GLADSTONE.1 (1860.)
- MEMOIR OF THE RIGHT HONOURABLE JAMES WILSON.1 (1860.)
- “To the Right Honourable Sir Charles Wood, Bart., G.C.B., Secretary of State for India.
- THE AMERICAN CONSTITUTION AT THE PRESENT CRISIS. CAUSES OF THE CIVIL WAR IN AMERICA.