The Works and Life of Walter Bagehot, vol. 2 (Historical & Financial Essays)
This volume contains essays on Macaulay, Gibbon, Peel, Shelley, and two essays on banking and the currency crisis.
The Works and Life of Walter Bagehot, ed. Mrs. Russell Barrington. The Works in Nine Volumes. The Life in One Volume. (London: Longmans, Green, and Co., 1915). Vol. 2.
The text is in the public domain.
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||17.1 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||937 KB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||524 KB|
Table of Contents
- CONTENTS OF VOLUME II.
- The Works and Life of Walter Bagehot, Volume II
- WILLIAM COWPER.1 (1855.)
- THE FIRST EDINBURGH REVIEWERS.1 (1855.)
- THOMAS BABINGTON MACAULAY.1 (1856.)
- EDWARD GIBBON.1 (1856.)
- THE CHARACTER OF SIR ROBERT PEEL.1 (1856.)
- PERCY BYSSHE SHELLEY.1 (1856.)
- THE CRÉDIT MOBILIER AND BANKING COMPANIES IN FRANCE.1 (1857.)
- LORD BROUGHAM.1 (1857.)
- THE MONETARY CRISIS OF 1857. (National Review, January, 1858.)