March 2022: Ancient v Modern Liberty
Thursday, March 3, 2022, 12-1:30 EDT
Please join us for a one-day-only Virtual Reading Group to discuss Benjamin Constant's famed essay, The Liberty of Ancients Compared with that of Moderns with Alberto Mingardi.
Pre-registration is required. Participants should read Constant's essay in preparation for our discussion.
Virtual Reading Groups
- May 2022: THE BILL OF RIGHTS: SELECT CASES IN CONSTITUTIONAL LAW
- April 2022: Education in a Free Society
- March 2022: Mary Wollstonecraft and the Rights of Women
- March 2022: Ancient v Modern Liberty
- February 2022: Joseph Schumpeter’s “Capitalism, Socialism, and Democracy”
- January 2022: James Madison and the Conflict Between the Executive and Legislative Branches
- November 2021: Pericles' Funeral Oration
- September 2021: Celebrate Constitution Day
- August 2021: Agriculture, the State, and Liberty
- June 2021: Adam Ferguson’s History of Civil Society
- May 2021: The Colonial Origins of the Bill of Rights