Critical and Historical Essays, Vol. 3
Essays and reviews published by Macaulay in the Edinburgh Review between 1838 and 1841 on historical figures such as Lord Clive, von Ranke, and Warren Hastings.
Critical and Historical Essays contributed to the Edinburgh Review, 5th ed. in 3 vols. (London: Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1848). Vol. 3.
The text is in the public domain.
- Author: Thomas Babington, Lord Macaulay
- Critical and Historical Essays contributed to the Edinburgh Review, 3 vols. (Thomas Babington, Lord Macaulay)
|EBook PDF||This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.||933 KB|
|ePub||ePub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format||403 KB|
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||26.5 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||959 KB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||545 KB|
Table of Contents
- CONTENTS OF THE THIRD VOLUME.
- CRITICAL AND HISTORICAL ESSAYS CONTRIBUTED TO THE EDINBURGH REVIEW.
- SIR WILLIAM TEMPLE. (October, 1838.)
- LORD CLIVE. (January, 1840.)
- VON RANKE. (October, 1840.)
- LEIGH HUNT. (January, 1841.)
- LORD HOLLAND. (July, 1841.)
- WARREN HASTINGS. (October, 1841.)
- ESTABLISHED WORKS IN GENERAL LITERATURE.