Critical and Historical Essays, Vol. 1
Essays which appeared in the Edinburgh Review between 1825-1831. They are on such topics as Milton, Machiavelli, Southey, Johnson, and other topics.
Critical and Historical Essays contributed to the Edinburgh Review, 5th ed. in 3 vols. (London: Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1848). Vol. 1.
The text is in the public domain.
- Author: Thomas Babington, Lord Macaulay
- Critical and Historical Essays contributed to the Edinburgh Review, 3 vols. (Thomas Babington, Lord Macaulay)
|EBook PDF||This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.||1.14 MB|
|ePub||ePub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format||476 KB|
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||26.7 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||1.19 MB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||670 KB|
Table of Contents
- CONTENTS OF THE FIRST VOLUME.
- CRITICAL AND HISTORICAL ESSAYS CONTRIBUTED TO THE EDINBURGH REVIEW.
- MILTON. (August, 1825.)
- MACHIAVELLI. (March, 1827.)
- HALLAM. (September, 1828.)
- SOUTHEY’S COLLOQUIES. (Jan. 1830.)
- MR. ROBERT MONTGOMERY. (April, 1830.)
- CIVIL DISABILITIES OF THE JEWS.
- MOORE’S LIFE OF LORD BYRON. (June, 1830.)
- SAMUEL JOHNSON. (September, 1831.)
- JOHN BUNYAN. (December, 1830.)
- JOHN HAMPDEN. (December, 1831.)
- ESTABLISHED WORKS IN MISCELLANEOUS LITERATURE.
- NEW WORKS IN Miscellaneous and General Literature,
- NEW WORKS AND NEW EDITIONS