David M. Hart, Tracts on Liberty by the Levellers and their Critics Vol. 6 (1649) (to come 2015) 
|Available in the following formats:|
About this Title:
A collection of 27 pamphlets from 1649 including works by John Rushworth, John Lilburne, William Walwyn, Robert Ward, Thomas Prince, Robert Lockier, Richard Overton, Oliver Cromwell, Humphrey Brooke, Richard Overton, William Prynne, Gerrard Winstanley, and others.
Tracts on Liberty by the Levellers and their Critics Vol. 6 (1649) (to come 2015).
- 19 January 1649 - [Anon.], To the Right Honourable, The Supreme Authority of this Nation, the Commons of England in Parliament assembled.
- 20 January 1649 - John Rushworth, [The Officers’ Agreement], A Petition from His Excellency Thomas Lord Fairfax And the General Councel of Officers of the Army.
- 26 February 1649 - John Lilburne, Englands New Chains Discovered.
- 12 March 1649 - [William Walwyn], The Vanitie of the present Churches, and Uncertainty of their Preaching.
- 21 March 1649 - [Signed by Robert Ward, Thomas Watfon, Simon Graunt, George Jellis, William Sawyer (or 5 “Beagles”), but attributed to Richard Overton or John Lilburne], The Hunting of the Foxes.
- 24 March 1649 - [John Lilburne], The Second Part of Englands New-Chaines Discovered
- 4 April, 1649 - John Lilburne, Thomas Prince, Richard Overton, The Picture of the Councel of State.
- 5 April 1649 - [William Walwyn], The English Souldiers Standard.
- 14 April 1649 - [Signed by John Lilburn, William Walwyn, Thomas Price, Richard Overton, sometimes attributed mainly to Walwyn], A Manifestation.
- 23 April 1649 - [John Prince], Walwyns Wiles: Or The manifesters Manifested.
- 1 May 1649 - John Lilburne, William Walwyn, Thomas Prince, Richard Overton, An Agreement of the Free People of England.
- 4 May 1649 - Robert Lockier, John Lilburne, and Richard Overton, The Army’s Martyr.
- 14 May 1649 - Oliver Cromwell, The Declaration of Lieutenant Generall Crumwel Concerning the Levellers.
- 28 May 1649 - [Humphrey Brooke], The Charity of Church-men.
- 30 May 1649 - William Walwyn, The Fountain of Slaunder Discovered.
- 8 June 1649 - John Lilburne, The Legall Fundamentall Liberties of the People of England Revived, Asserted, and Vindicated.
- 20 June 1649 - Thomas Prince, The Silken Independents Snare Broken.
- June/July 1649 - William Walwyn, Walwyns Just Defence Against the Aspersions cast upon him.
- 2 July 1649 - Ricard Overton, Overton’s Defyance of the Act of Pardon.
- 16 July 1649 - William Prynne, A Legall Vindication Of the Liberties of England, against Illegall Taxes.
- 16 July 1649 - Richard Overton, The Baiting of the Great Bull of Bashan.
- 10 August 1649 - John Lilburne, An Impeachment of High Treason against Oliver Cromwel.
- 20 August 1649 - Six Soldiers (John Wood, Robert Everard, Hugh Hurst, Humphrey Marston, William Hutchinson, James Carpe), The Levellers (falsely so called) Vindicated.
- 29 August 1649 - [Signed by several but attributed to John Lilburne], An Outcry of the Youngmen and Apprentices of London.
- 16 November 1649 - John Lilburne, Truths Victory over Tyrants and Tyranny.
- 1649 - Gerrard Winstanley et al., The True Levellers Standard Advanced.
- 1649 - Anon., To the Supream authority of this Nation, the Commons assembled in Parliament: The humble Petition of divers wel-affected Women.
The texts are currently being converted to XML but have not been checked against the originals.
The text is in the public domain.
Fair use statement:
This material is put online to further the educational goals of Liberty Fund, Inc. Unless otherwise stated in the Copyright Information section above, this material may be used freely for educational and academic purposes. It may not be used in any way for profit.