Front Page Groups & Collections L.S.E. Essays on Cost
James M. Buchanan, L.S.E. Essays on Cost 
The L.S.E. Essays on Cost, ed. J.M. Buchanan and G.F. Thirlby (New York University Press, 1981).
This Title Is Available In The Following Formats:
|HTML||707.16 KB||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.|
|HTML by Chapter||(varies)||View this title one chapter at a time.|
|Simplified HTML||707.16 KB||This layout is optimized for screen readers and other assistive devices for the visually impaired.|
|Facsimile PDF||14.22 MB|
This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.
|Facsimile PDF small||4.05 MB|
This is a compressed facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.
|EBook PDF||757.21 KB|
This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.
About this title:
A volume in the collection Studies in Economic Theory first published by the Institute for Humane Studies. This is a collection of essays written in the LSE opportunity cost tradition by scholars associated with the London School of Economics between 1937 and 1960. The papers are by Lionel Robbins, Hayek, Edwards, Coase, Thirlby, and Wiseman.
Another copy of this book can be found in HTML format at our sister website Econlib.
About Liberty Fund:
Liberty Fund, Inc. is a private, educational foundation established to encourage the study of the ideal of a society of free and responsible individuals.
This work is copyrighted by the Institute for Humane Studies, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, and is put online with their permission.
Fair use statement:
This material is put online to further the educational goals of Liberty Fund, Inc. Unless otherwise stated in the Copyright Information section above, this material may be used freely for educational and academic purposes. It may not be used in any way for profit.
- G. F. Thirlby, Preface
- 1: James M. Buchanan, Introduction: L.s.e. Cost Theory In Retrospect
- 2: Lionel Robbins, Remarks Upon Certain Aspects of the Theory of Costs
- 3: F. A. Von Hayek, Economics and Knowledge
- 4: R.s. Edwards, the Rationale of Cost Accounting
- 5: R.h. Coase, Business Organization and the Accountant
- 6: G.f. Thirlby, the Subjective Theory of Value and Accounting ‘cost’
- 7: G.f. Thirlby, the Ruler
- 8: G.f. Thirlby, the Economist's Description of Business Behaviour
- 9: Jack Wiseman, Uncertainty, Costs, and Collectivist Economic Planning
- 10: Jack Wiseman, the Theory of Public Utility Price— an Empty Box
- 11: G.f. Thirlby, Economists’ Cost Rules and Equilibrium Theory