These are places to go to if you are looking for Books:
- Latest Additions - lists the 20 most recently added books to the OLL.
- RSS feeds - subscribe to one of these feeds (all titles, or just the ones in your chosen discipline) to be notified as soon as a new title goes online.
- Alphabetical List of Titles - browse the collection by title.
- Titles by Subject Areas - browse the collection by discipline or subject area (to the left in the navigation menu).
- Liberty Fund Books - a list of all published Liberty Fund books which are available online.
- The Great Books - the founder of Liberty Fund, Pierre Goodrich, had his own selection of the authors who wrote the great books. They are displayed here as they appear on the walls in the Goodrich Seminar Room at Wabash College, Crawfordsville, Indiana.
- Portable Library of Liberty DVD - we distribute a subset of our collection (750 in the summer of 2006) on a DVD which is available free of charge to anyone who requests a copy. It consists of books in E-Book PDF created from the HTML.
- Copyright and Fair Use - information about the ways in which you can use our online material.
- Collections - all books are categorized into "collections" such as Topics (e.g. The American Revolution and Constitution) and Subject Areas (e.g. History), while others are collected into Debates (e.g. The Debate about the French Revolution) or Special Collections (e.g. The Classics of Liberty).
- Bibliographies - we have prepared an number of longer bibliographical essays as well as numerous shorter bibliographies on various topics.
- Timelines - there are a number of timelines which visually display the life and work of important authors as well as various significant debates about key issues.
- Key Documents - a list of some of the most important legal and constitutional documents which contributed to the development of free institutions in the West. Each document is linked to the book from which it came in order to encourage further reading on the topic.
- Essays - there are essays on key concepts and important individuals with links back to the relevant books.
- Forgotten Gems - some books fall through the cracks and are undeservedly forgotten over time. We attempt revive interest in them here.
- Banned Books - a surprising number of our books have been banned by various groups over the centuries for challenging the prevailing point of view. They are gather here in this list.
- Reading Lists - these have been prepared by Liberty Fund staff members as well as private individuals on key topics. They have been selected from books and chapters of books which are online at the OLL and often include some commentary or annotation about their significance.
- Conference Readings - a list of key readings based around key topics and individuals with discussion topics.
To find out more about how to use the OLL, see the "How to..." section or the detailed User Guides. Or contact us with specific questions and suggestions for improvement.