Desiderius Erasmus, The Colloquies vol. 2 
The Colloquies of Erasmus. Translated by Nathan Bailey. Edited with Notes, by the Rev. E. Johnson, M.A. (London: Reeves and Turner, 1878). Vol. 2.
This Title Is Available In The Following Formats:
|HTML||1.11 MB||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.|
|HTML by Chapter||(varies)||View this title one chapter at a time.|
|Simplified HTML||1.11 MB||This layout is optimized for screen readers and other assistive devices for the visually impaired.|
|Facsimile PDF||16.92 MB|
This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.
|Facsimile PDF small||13.11 MB|
This is a compressed facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.
A version compatible with Kindle (Mobi format).
|EBook PDF||1.52 MB|
This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.
About this title:
In the guise of a school textbook on sound Latin prose Erasmus is able to mix sound language teaching, homilies on Christian ethics, and social criticism of some of the injustices and follies of his day.
About Liberty Fund:
Liberty Fund, Inc. is a private, educational foundation established to encourage the study of the ideal of a society of free and responsible individuals.
The text is in the public domain.
Fair use statement:
This material is put online to further the educational goals of Liberty Fund, Inc. Unless otherwise stated in the Copyright Information section above, this material may be used freely for educational and academic purposes. It may not be used in any way for profit.
- The Religious Pilgrimage.
- The Funeral.
- ΠΟΛϒΔΑΙΤΙΑ, Or, the Unequal Feast.
- Of Things and Words.
- The Assembly of Grammarians.
- ΑΓΑΜΟΣ ΓΑΜΟΣ, Or, the Unequal Marriage.
- The Imposture.
- Cyclops, Or the Gospel-carrier.
- ΑΠΡοΣΔΙοΝϒΣΑ the Impertinents, Or Crosspurposes.
- The False Knight: Or, ΙΠΠΕϒΣ ΑΝΙΠΠΟΣ·
- ΓϒΝΑΙΚΟΣϒΝΕΔΡΙΟΝ. the Assembly Or Parliament of Women.
- Diluculum: Or, the Early Rising.
- ΝΗΦΑΛΙοΝ ΣϒΜΠοΣΙοΝ. the Sober Feast.
- The Notable Art.
- The Sermon, Or Merdardus.
- The Lover of Glory.
- Opulentia Sordida, Or the Wealthy Miser.
- The Seraphick Funeral.
- Amicitia, Or Friendship.
- The Epicurean.
- The Conflict Between Thalia and Barbarism.
- Des. Erasmus of Rotterdam to the Reader,: Concerning the Profitableness of Colloquies.
- Erasmus of Rotterdam, of the Method of Study, to Christianus of Lubeck.