Frank William Taussig, State Papers and Speeches on the Tariff 
State Papers and Speeches on the Tariff, with an Introduction by F.W. Taussig (Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University, 1892).
This Title Is Available In The Following Formats:
|HTML||775.65 KB||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.|
|HTML by Chapter||(varies)||View this title one chapter at a time.|
|Simplified HTML||775.65 KB||This layout is optimized for screen readers and other assistive devices for the visually impaired.|
|Facsimile PDF||21.28 MB|
This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.
A version compatible with Kindle (Mobi format).
|EBook PDF||788.96 KB|
This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.
|E-pub||299.67 KB||E-pub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format.|
About this title:
Taussig has collected speeches and reports by Alexander Hamilton, Albert Gallatin, R.J. Walker, Henry Clay, and Daniel Webster on the issue of free trade and tariffs. He used these documents in his course at Harvard University on the History of the Tariff.
About Liberty Fund:
Liberty Fund, Inc. is a private, educational foundation established to encourage the study of the ideal of a society of free and responsible individuals.
The text is in the public domain.
Fair use statement:
This material is put online to further the educational goals of Liberty Fund, Inc. Unless otherwise stated in the Copyright Information section above, this material may be used freely for educational and academic purposes. It may not be used in any way for profit.
- Alexander Hamilton (secretary of the Treasury), Report On the Subject of Manufactures (1790).
- Albert Gallatin, Memorial of the Committee of the Free Trade Convention (january, 1832), Held At Philadelphia In September and October, 1831, Remonstrating Against the Existing Tariff of Duties.
- R.j. Walker, Report From the Secretary of the Treasury On the State of the Finances, Etc. (december, 1845)
- Speech of Henry Clay On American Industry, In the House of Representatives, March 30 and 81, 1824.
- Speech of Daniel Webster Upon the Tariff, In the House of Representatives, April 1 and 2, 1824.