Front Page Titles (by Subject) The Collected Works of John Stuart Mill, Volume XXIX - Public and Parliamentary Speeches Part II July 1869 - March 1873
John Stuart Mill, The Collected Works of John Stuart Mill, Volume XXIX - Public and Parliamentary Speeches Part II July 1869 - March 1873 
The Collected Works of John Stuart Mill, Volume XXIX - Public and Parliamentary Speeches Part II July 1869 - March 1873, ed. John M. Robson and Bruce L. Kinzer (Toronto: University of Toronto Press, London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1988).
This Title Is Available In The Following Formats:
|HTML||1.24 MB||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.|
|HTML by Chapter||(varies)||View this title one chapter at a time.|
|Simplified HTML||1.24 MB||This layout is optimized for screen readers and other assistive devices for the visually impaired.|
|Facsimile PDF||21.6 MB|
This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.
|Facsimile PDF small||9.96 MB|
This is a compressed facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.
A version compatible with Kindle (Mobi format).
|EBook PDF||1.56 MB|
This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.
|E-pub||601.53 KB||E-pub standard file for your iPad or any e-reader compatible with that format.|
About this title:
Vol. 29 of the 33 vol. Collected Works contains Mill’s electoral and parliamentary speeches from 1869-1873, including women’s suffrage education, and land reform. It also includes an essay by Helen Taylor on War and Peace.
About Liberty Fund:
Liberty Fund, Inc. is a private, educational foundation established to encourage the study of the ideal of a society of free and responsible individuals.
The online edition of the Collected Works is published under licence from the copyright holder, The University of Toronto Press. ©2006 The University of Toronto Press. All rights reserved. No part of this material may be reproduced in any form or medium without the permission of The University of Toronto Press.
Fair use statement:
This material is put online to further the educational goals of Liberty Fund, Inc. Unless otherwise stated in the Copyright Information section above, this material may be used freely for educational and academic purposes. It may not be used in any way for profit.
- Public and Parliamentary Speeches 1869–1873
- July 1869 to March 1873
- 143.: The Cobden Club 10 July, 1869
- 144.: Women’s Suffrage  18 July, 1869
- 145.: The Education Bill  25 March, 1870
- 146.: Women’s Suffrage  26 March, 1870
- 147.: The Education Bill  4 April, 1870
- 148.: Election to School Boards  22 October, 1870
- 149.: Election to School Boards  9 November, 1870
- 150.: Women’s Suffrage  12 January, 1871
- 151.: The Cumulative Vote 13 February, 1871
- 152.: Discussion of the Contagious Diseases Acts 23 February, 1871
- 153.: The Army Bill 10 March, 1871
- 154.: Land Tenure Reform  15 May, 1871
- 155.: Land Tenure Reform  18 March, 1873
- Appendix A: the Manuscripts
- Appendix B: Questions Before Committees of the House of Commons (1866, 1868)
- I.: Select Committee On Metropolitan Local Government
- II.: Select Committee On Extradition
- Appendix C: Petitions In the House of Commons (1866-68)
- Appendix D: Manuscript Drafts of Speech
- I. Manuscript Draft of the Westminster Election of 1865  (1865)
- II.: Manuscript Draft of Representation of the People  (1866)
- III.: Manuscript Draft of Women’s Suffrage  (1869)
- IV.: Manuscript Draft of the Education Bill  (1870)
- Appendix E: Missing Speeches
- Appendix F: War and Peace, By Helen Taylor (1871)
- Appendix G: Textual Emendations
- Appendix H: Index of Persons, and Works Cited, With Variants and Notes