Front Page Titles (by Subject) IV.: THE ECONOMISTS ON THE CORN LAWS - The Manchester School of Economics
IV.: THE ECONOMISTS ON THE CORN LAWS - William Dyer Grampp, The Manchester School of Economics 
The Manchester School of Economics (Stanford: Stanford University Press, 1960).
About Liberty Fund:
Liberty Fund, Inc. is a private, educational foundation established to encourage the study of the ideal of a society of free and responsible individuals.
This book is published online with the kind permission of the copyright holder, the author William Grampp.
Fair use statement:
This material is put online to further the educational goals of Liberty Fund, Inc. Unless otherwise stated in the Copyright Information section above, this material may be used freely for educational and academic purposes. It may not be used in any way for profit.
THE ECONOMISTS ON THE CORN LAWS
- Blaug, Mark. Ricardian Economics, a Historical Study. New Haven, 1958.
- Cairnes, J. E. Essays in Political Economy. Theoretical and Applied. London, 1873.
- Grampp, William D. “Malthus on Money Wages and Welfare,” American Economic Review, Vol. 46, No. 5 (Dec. 1956), pp. 924-36.
- Horner, Francis. Memoirs and Correspondence of Francis Horner, M.P. Edited by Leonard Horner. 2 vols. London, 1843.
- Joplin, Thomas. Views on the Subject of Corn and Currency. London, 1826.
- Lauderdale, Earl of. A Letter on the Corn Laws. London, 1814.
- Malthus, Thomas. The Grounds of an Opinion on the Policy of Restricting the Importation of Foreign Corn. London, 1815.
- ———. An Inquiry into the Nature and Progress of Rent, etc. London, 1815.
- ———. An Investigation of the Cause of the Present High Price of Provisions. 2d ed. London, 1800.
- ———. Observations on the Effects of the Corn Laws, etc. 3d ed. London, 1815.
- Marx, Karl. Free Trade, a Speech Delivered before the Democratic Club, Brussels, Belgium, Jan. 9, 1848. Translated by Florence Kelley Wishnewetsky. London, 1892.
- M’Culloch, J. R. “Abolition of the Corn Laws,” Edinburgh Review, Vol. 41, No. 81 (Oct. 1824), pp. 55-78.
- ———. “Abolition of the Corn Laws,” ibid., Vol. 44, No. 88 (Sept. 1826), pp. 319-59.
- ———. “Changes Required in the Corn Laws,” ibid., Vol. 58, No. 118 (Jan. 1834), pp. 271-307.
- ———. Statements Illustrative of the Policy and Probable Consequences of the Proposed Repeal of the Existing Corn Laws, etc. 6th ed. London, 1841.
- ———. “Taxation and the Corn Laws,” Edinburgh Review, Vol. 33, No. 65 (Jan. 1820), pp. 155-87.
- Mill, James. An Essay on the Impolicy of a Bounty on the Exportation of Grain, etc. London, 1804.
- Mill, John Stuart. Principles of Political Economy. London, 1891.
- Packe, Michael St. John. The Life of John Stuart Mill. London, 1954.
- Ricardo, David. An Essay on the Influence of a low Price of Corn on the Profits of Stock; shewing the inexpediency of restrictions on importation; etc. London, 1815. In The Works and Correspondence of David Ricardo. Edited by Piero Sraffa and M. H. Dodd. Vol. 4, pp. 9-41. Cambridge, 1951.
- ———. The Principles of Political Economy and Taxation. London, 1929. In Works, Vol. 1.
- ———. On Protection to Agriculture. London, 1822. In Works, Vol. 4, pp. 207-70.
- Rooke, John. Free Trade and Safe Government, etc. London, 1835.
- ———. Free Trade in Corn, etc. 2d ed. London, 1835.
- Senior, N. W. “Report—On the State of Agriculture,” Quarterly Review, Vol. 25, No. 50. (July 1821), pp. 466-504.
- Smith, Adam. The Wealth of Nations. New York, 1937.
- Spence, William. Tracts on Political Economy. London, 1822.
- Thornton, William T. The Consequences of the Repeal of the Corn Laws. London .
- Tooke, Thomas. On the Currency in Connexion with the Corn Trade; etc. 2d ed. London, 1829.
- ———. A History of Prices, and of the State of the Circulation, from 1793 to 1837; etc. 2 vols. London, 1838.
- Torrens, Robert. An Essay on the External Corn Trade. 3d ed. London, 1826.
- ———. A Letter to the Right Honorable the Earl of Liverpool, on the State of the Agriculture, etc. London, 1816.
- ———. A Letter to Senior, etc. London, 1843.
- West, Sir Edward. Price of Corn and Wages of Labour, etc. London, 1826.