Front Page Titles (by Subject) The Economist - The Manchester School of Economics
The Economist - William Dyer Grampp, The Manchester School of Economics 
The Manchester School of Economics (Stanford: Stanford University Press, 1960).
About Liberty Fund:
Liberty Fund, Inc. is a private, educational foundation established to encourage the study of the ideal of a society of free and responsible individuals.
This book is published online with the kind permission of the copyright holder, the author William Grampp.
Fair use statement:
This material is put online to further the educational goals of Liberty Fund, Inc. Unless otherwise stated in the Copyright Information section above, this material may be used freely for educational and academic purposes. It may not be used in any way for profit.
- Engels, Friedrich. The Condition of the Working Class in England in 1844. Translated by Florence Kelley Wishnewetzky. London, 1892.
- Fay, C. R. The Corn Laws and Social England. Cambridge, 1932.
- Fetter, Frank Whitson. “The Authorship of Economic Articles in the Edinburgh Review, 1802-47,” Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 61, No. 3 (June 1953), pp. 232-59.
- ———. “Economic Articles in the Quarterly Review and their Authors, 1809-52,” ibid., Vol. 66, No. 1 (Feb. 1958), pp. 47-64; No. 2 (April 1958), pp. 154-70.
- Gammage, R. G. History of the Chartist Movement. London, 1894.
- Garnett, Richard. The Life of W. J. Fox. London, 1910.
- Gayer, Arthur D., W. W. Rostow, and Anna Jacobson Schwartz, with the assistance of Isaiah Frank. The Growth and Fluctuations of the British Economy 1790-1850. 2 vols. Oxford, 1953.
- Gordon, Scott. “The London Economist and the High Tide of Laissez Faire,” Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 63, No. 6 (Dec. 1955), pp. 461-88.
- Greville, Charles C. F. A Journal of the Reigns of King George IV, King William IV, and Queen Victoria. Edited by Henry Reeve. 8 vols. London, 1888.
- Gwynn, D. R. Daniel O’Connell, the Irish Liberator. London, 1929.
- Halévy, Elie. The Age of Peel and Cobden. Translated by E. I. Watkin. London, 1947.
- ———. The Growth of Philosophic Radicalism. Translated by Mary Morris. London, 1928.
- Hammond, J. L., and Barbara Hammond. The Age of the Chartists 1832-1854. London, 1930.
- ———. Lord Shaftesbury. 2d ed. London, 1923.
- ———. The Town Labourer, 1760-1832. London, 1917.
- Hansard’s Parliamentary Debates. London, 1835-65.
- Harwood, Philip. Six Lectures on the Corn Law Monopoly and Free Trade. London, 1843.
- Henderson, Gavin B. “The Pacifists of the Fifties,” Journal of Modern History, Vol. 9, No. 3 (Sept. 1937), pp. 314-41.
- Henderson, W. O., and W. H. Chaloner. “Friederich Engels in Manchester,” Memoirs and Proceedings of the Manchester Literary and Philosophical Society, 1956-57, Vol. 98. Manchester, 1957.
- Hodder, Edwin. The Life and Work of the Seventh Earl of Shaftesbury, K.G. 3 vols. London, 1888.
- Holyoake, H. J. Sixty Years of an Agitator’s Life. London, 1892.
- Hutchins, B. L., and A. Harrison. A History of Factory Legislation. 3d ed. London, 1926.
- Jacob, William. Considerations on the Protection Required by British Agriculture, etc. London, 1814.
- Jeans, Victorine. Factory Act Legislation. London, 1892.
- Kydd, Samuel (“Alfred”). The History of the Factory Movementfrom the Year 1802, to the Enactment of the Ten Hours’ Bill in 1847. 2 vols. London, 1857.
- MacGregor, D. H. Economic Thought and Policy. London, 1949.
- Magnus, Sir Philip. Gladstone—A Biography. London, 1954.
- Martineau, Harriet. The History of England during the Thirty Years’ Peace: 1816-46. 2 vols. London, 1849.
- Marx, Karl. Capital. 3 vols. Chicago, 1907-9.
- ———, and Friederich Engels. Correspondence 1846-1895. London, 1934.
- Mayer, Gustav. Friederich Engels. London, 1936.
- Mints, Lloyd W. A History of Banking Theory in Great Britain and the United States. Chicago, 1945.
- Monypenny, W. F., and G. E. Buckle. The Life of Benjamin Disraeli. 6 vols. New York, 1910-20.
- Morley, John. The Life of William Ewart Gladstone. New York, 1932.
- Muntz, G. F. Letters upon Corn and Currency, etc. Birmingham, 1841.