Front Page Titles (by Subject) BOOKS WRITTEN BY THE SAME AUTHOR Printed for J. Bell and W. Creech, Edinburgh; G. Robinson and T. Cadell, London. - Elements of Criticism, vol. 2
The Online Library of Liberty
A project of Liberty Fund, Inc.
Search this Title:
BOOKS WRITTEN BY THE SAME AUTHOR Printed for J. Bell and W. Creech, Edinburgh; G. Robinson and T. Cadell, London. - Henry Home, Lord Kames, Elements of Criticism, vol. 2 
Elements of Criticism, Edited and with an Introduction by Peter Jones (Indianapolis: Liberty Fund, 2005). 2 vols. Vol. 2.
Part of: Elements of Criticism, 2 vols.
About Liberty Fund:
Liberty Fund, Inc. is a private, educational foundation established to encourage the study of the ideal of a society of free and responsible individuals.
The copyright to this edition, in both print and electronic forms, is held by Liberty Fund, Inc.
Fair use statement:
This material is put online to further the educational goals of Liberty Fund, Inc. Unless otherwise stated in the Copyright Information section above, this material may be used freely for educational and academic purposes. It may not be used in any way for profit.
BOOKS WRITTEN BY THE SAME AUTHOR
1. The Dictionary of Decisions of the Court of Session, from its first institution to the present time, 2 vols fol.
2. Decisions of the Court of Session from 1716 to 1730, folio, 10s. bound.
3. Remarkable Decisions from 1730 to 1752, folio, 14 s. bound.
4. Select Decisions from 1752 to 1768, folio, 18 s. bound.
5. Historical Law-Tracts, 8vo, with additions, third edition, 6 s. bound.
6. Elucidations respecting the Common and Statute Law of Scotland, 8vo, 6 s. bound.
7. The Statute-Law of Scotland abridged, 2d edition, 8vo, 6 s. bound.
8. Essays on British Antiquities, 12mo, 2d edition, 2 s. 6 d. bound.
9. Sketches of the History of Man, 4 vols 8vo, 2d edit. 24 s. bound.
10. An Introduction to the Art of Thinking, 12 mo, 3 dedition, 3s. bound.
11. Gentleman Farmer, being an attempt to improve Agriculture, by subjecting it to the test of rational principles, the second edition, with considerable additions, 8vo, 7 s.
12. Principles of Equity, 2 vols 8vo, 3d edition, 12 s. bound.
13. Essays on the Principles of Morality and Natural Religion, corrected and improved in a third edition. Several Essays added concerning the proof of a Deity, 5 s. bound.
14. Loose Hints upon Education, chiefly concerning the Culture of the Heart, 8vo, 2d edition, corrected and enlarged, 6 s. bound.
This book is set in Adobe Garamond, a modern adaptation by Robert Slimbach of the typeface originally cut around 1540 by the French typographer and printer Claude Garamond. The Garamond face, with its small lowercase height and restrained contrast between thick and thin strokes, is a classic “old-style” face and has long been one of the most influential and widely used typefaces.
Printed on paper that is acid-free and meets the requirements of the American National Standard for Permanence of Paper for Printed Library Materials, z39.48-1992. (archival)
Book design by Louise O Farrell Gainesville, Florida
Typography by Apex Publishing, LLC Madison, Wisconsin
Printed and bound by Edwards Brothers, Inc. Ann Arbor, Michigan
[89. ]Act 3, sc. 2.
[113. ]Act 1, sc. 2.